Five things Friday seems like a really easy and pretty thoughtless way to keep up with what’s going on.
So, here is my five things Friday for January 8, 2016.
1. Derby! Tryouts. Tuesday was all minimum skills testing. Stops, balance, hits, etc etc. Thursday was derby. We scrimmaged and it was awesome. I felt great during both halfs. I had some great moment. I drew a track cut on the opposing jammer. I jammed (what?!). It was great. I really enjoy skating with the vets because they’re really good. And they communicate really well and they make me better.
2. Derby. Crap. I’m really scared that I’m not going to make the B team. I’m working hard to mentally prepare myself. And regardless of what happens, I feel really good about how far I’ve come. I know I’m still not great, but I can almost play along with the women I’ve been amazed by for the last year. And, if I don’t make it, hopefully they give me some good feedback so I know what specific items I need to work on for mid-season tryouts.
3. Seeing everyone’s pictures and posts from Disney World is making me so excited. I’m 90% sure that C and I are going to Marathon weekend next year. Maybe with his parents, maybe not. We shall see!
4. School starts again on Monday. My first semester wasn’t what I expected/wanted/planned/feared. My GPA wasn’t quite where I wanted it, but not bad. I don’t know. I think I know how to make next semester better. I’m excited and nervous to jump back into it.
5. Speaking of school, I need to figure out what my summer internship is going to be. I think I know what I want to try to intern in, but I’m not sure. My biggest problem is that everything sounds great. There are a few different places that you can take my degree, and they’re all really interesting to me. I guess that’s good because it means I’m in the right degree, but…. I don’t know.
That wasn’t as easy as I expected. Maybe I should do a three things Thursday.